AppForms Server Specifications
• 64-bit edition of Windows Server 2012 Standard or later version of windowsserver.
• CPU: Intel Xeon E5 or higher processor with minimum 8 cores.
• RAM Minimum 16 GB (Depends on the number of users, the core and RAM may have to be increased) .
• Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5+ and if TLS 1.2 is enabled in the server 4.7.1 is required.
• IIS 7.5+
• SSL Certificates need to be added to the server for HTTPS installation (HTTPS is recommended).
• A fully qualified URL need to be created and added to the DNS – to add the site bindings to access the site.
• Need to confirm that the ports are open in the firewall.
• Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or later versions.
• SQL Server service account to access the database (should have owner permission).
Application pool user
• Application Pool should have permission to access the folders/local admin user.
• Application Pool user credentials required to run the installer.
• For windows SQL authentication, the Application pool user should have DB owner access permission to the SQL server.
• To connect to the SQL Server, MS SQL server name, login credentials are required.
• Authentication can be Windows or SQL server authentication.
• For windows SQL authentication, the Application pool user should have DB owner access permission to the SQL server and since machine login user details will be auto selected in server login credentials, it is need to login to the server as Application Pool user.
• For SQL user connection, corresponding credentials should be available and given in the connection page. This can be checked by clicking on the test connection in the wizard.
In Server Roles,
b. Static Content and Dynamic Content compression under Performance.