Rules Expression Builder
When you create a new rule by clicking on the Create New rule button in the Rules panel
- The new rule will be created with the default name.
- Click on the edit button to rename the rule name.
- Click on the “+” button in the Decisions section to to create a new decision.
- Click on the controls in the first listbox. This will display all the controls in the current form in the next listbox.
- Select the required control. In this example if I select the control named “dgVacation” which is a dynamic grid. This will display all the properties of the grid control.
- Select the ColIndex property, which will let us know the current column in focus in the grid.
- Click on the add button which will add the expressions section. Then click on the “=” button to add the operator to the expression.
- Click on the operator “=” to display the “Add LHS” and “Add RHS” buttons.
- Clicking on the “Add RHS” button will insert a new textbox right side of the operator.
- Type the value 2 in the “RHS” textbox.
Now we have an expression that checks if the current row is the first column. Click on the Done button for completing the expression.